Register a Child
- Be 12 years of age or less;
- Be at risk for, or hypothetically have, or have a disability or a disorder (e.g. autism, attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity, developmental delay, physical disability such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy or spina bifida , etc.);
- Be waiting for a specialized service* in a hospital, health center, rehabilitation center, daycare, school, recreation center, summer camp, or in another group or leisure program;
- Have the written consent of the parents in order to proceed with the file opening.
Note that if your child is not eligible for any of our services, the $49 file opening fee will not be processed.
*: The specialized service you are waiting for may be in medicine by a medical doctor, occupational therapy ( OT ), speech therapy ( SLP ), psychology, physiotherapy, special education, psycho-education, and other expert support for children and their family.
For a Great Start
First, please complete both forms BQ and CQ, and return them as soon as possible to the address indicated below. Next is the information about the process to get rapid access to a s specialized service.
Requesting to Open a File
To make a request for rapid access to a specialized service for your child and your family, we have to open a file on behalf of your family. To open a file, it is important to fully complete the BQ form and CQ form. Your child may be eligible for a bursary, grant, credit or family allowance. Following receipt of your completed BQ form, we can analyze the family’s resources, and opportunities for your child to receive support from a partner in financial help. The CQ form comprises information on the development and needs of your child.
Once completed, the two forms allow us to:
- confirm the eligibility of your child and family to receive one of our services;
- analyze the file to identify family needs and resources;
- help design a personalized pediatric program, tailored to your needs;
- orient and refer you to one or several network partner(s) in your area. When sending these forms, they must be accompanied by the required items mentioned in the form, and a minimal amount of $49 to cover the file opening fee.
Send the forms to the address found in the forms.
Note that we must have the signatures of both the mother and the father of the child to open a file. Upon receipt of the forms and all other required items, we will open the file for your family. Opening a file does not obligate you to continue with our organization’s services.